- Elkhart County is an equal opportunity
- Elkhart County is sensitive to and encourages
employees at all levels to adhere to an equal employment opportunity
- Elkhart County does not discriminate in
employment practices, facility accessibility and service to
citizenry activities on the basis of race, color, age, religion,
gender, national origin, or disability.
- Elkhart County Government shall recruit, hire,
train and promote without regard to race, color, age, religion,
gender, national origin or disability.
- Each Department Head or Elected Official is to
ensure that all employment related decisions, including promotion and
career development opportunities, shall be in accordance with the principles
of equal employment opportunity. Only job related requirements shall
be imposed for all employment opportunities.
- All personnel actions, including decisions
related to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and
educational training will be administered without regard for race,
color, age, religion, gender, national origin, or disability.
- Elkhart County prohibits harassment of
employees based on race, color, age religion, gender, national origin
or disability. All employees of Elkhart County should expect to work
in an environment free of harassment.
- Elkhart County expects that employees who feel
they are a victim of an equal employment opportunity violation or harassment
may seek assistance from their supervisor, the Director of Personnel
and/ or the County's EEO Officer.
- Elkhart County seeks the continued support of
all elected officials, department managers and other employees for
their assistance and compliance in attaining the County's objectives
of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
This policy applies to all County
departments, elected officials, managers, and employees.
Section 3.02 - Employment - Equal Employment